XP-Protector Help: Tutorial
Keeping XP-Protector up
to date (7/7)
XP Protector contains semi-automatic
update feature. Although it is not as sensitive to regular updates as antiviral
programs, it is recommended to check for new versions or patches from time to
time (let's say once a month).
XP Protector will not connect to the
internet without your permission and check for updates automatically. To see if
there is any update available:
- In the File menu click Update XP
- A dialog box appears.
- You have two options: update from the internet or update from a file.
A) To update from the Internet:
- Click From the Internet to check for new version on the
- After a while you will be informed
if new version is available and if yes, the number will appear in the Version
to update: field.
- If there is no new version
available, click the Close button.
- If there is a new version available,
click the Update button.
- New files will be downloaded to a
temporary folder and then processed.
- After update you can confirm
deletion of the temporary folder unless you want to keep the update package
for other computers or so.
B) To update from a
- Visit XP Protector homepage and look
for a new version or update package. Use the current version displayed in
About box for reference.
- Download the update package to a
folder on your computer and unzip (extract) it. There should be two files
in the folder for update.
- In the XP Protector update dialog
click From a folder.
- Select the folder where you
downloaded update files.
- Click the update button. This will
start the update.
Note: Sometimes the update will not take effect until you restart your
Previous. Back to tutorial index.