Protector2 is a program intended to increase security on Windows 9x/ME
computers. Computer secured with Protector2 will gain some security features
which are common to secure systems like Unix or Windows NT. These features
- Every user has to logon to system before he/she is allowed to use the
- User can work only with those files and folders he/she has access
- User is allowed to change only those system setting defined by
For more information see Overview of Protector2 features later on
this page and also Why Protector2.
Click the image to see it in full size...
Try it without risk
No security features are automatically enabled by
installing Protector2. You can install Protector2 as you would any other
programs and see if you like it without any risk of locking up your computer.
You can create user accounts and edit user rights and only when you are ready,
you enable (install) the security features. You can also disable these features
at any time and enable them again by single mouse click.
Overview of Protector2 features
- Control access to your computer only
allowed users can use the computer.
- Time control for allowed users, you can
define how long and from what time to what time they can use the computer.
Access to files you can define user rights for files and folders to prevent
deleting programs, viewing secret documents and so on.
- Running programs
define which programs user can run.
- System changes prevent users from
changing system settings, including for example date and time or start page of
Internet Explorer. There are plenty of restrictions available in different
categories, which include:
- Desktop: disable changes, hide Recycle bin, disable
- Start menu disable changes, hide Run, Find, Settings
- Network hide entire network and network neighborhood, disable
changes to settings for shared files or printers...
- Software disable MS-Dos
programs, registry tools
- Control Panel disable access to individual icons
or to whole Control panel.
- Display disable wallpaper, screensaver or
settings changes or disable whole Display panel.
- Printers disable adding or
deleting printer, disable printer setup.
- Registry protection critical items
in Windows registry are protected against changes.
- Internet restrictions -
define pages which can or can not be visited, limit the time on internet, data
transfer and more.
- Monitoring - Protector2 can archive date and time when users
logged on/off and attempts to change protected files.
Protector2 can be configured to recognize users that are not bothered by the
protection. It is possible for example to turn off the access rights and
registry protection for selected user(s).
User's manual will help you understand concepts of Protector2
and learn how to use all of its features. The manual is available for free
If you wish to see Protector's version history, please follow this
To buy Protector2 online, please follow this
link. (you will be redirected to
- Windows 95, 98 or ME operating system.
- 2,5 MB of free
hard disk space.
Trial version of Protector2 is offered for evaluation. This
version has some limitations compared to the full (registered) version:
number of users (accounts) you can create is 2 (two).
- Minimal granted number of
user rights for each user is 3.
- Maximal number of internet sites and keywords
you can define is 2 for each.
- The time limit for the Internet can be either
"unlimited" or less than 9 minutes.
- The data limit for the Internet
cannot be defined higher than 1 MB (except for unlimited).
- Registration reminder window appears when you run the program.
Click here to download trial version of Protector2.
Click here to buy
Protector2 online. (secure server)
If you have any questions or problems, please use the e-mail address on
Before you send us your question, please check the FAQ
page, if it
was not already answered there.