Here you will find step-by-step tutorial for using the app.
For more info about the features of the app please see Introduction.
There are 3 buttons in the main screen for the most common actions. You
can find more functions in the menu.
In this tutorial we will:
- Create a shop and edit the order of goods (categories) in the shop.
- Create shopping list
- Go shopping
1. Create a shop and edit the order of categories in the shop
- Open the menu and select Edit shops command.
- You'll see the shops created automatically during installations. We
will create a new shop - Lidl.
- Select Supermarket in the list and tap the + (plus) button.
- In the next window enter the name of the new shop - Lidl.
- In the list below we will add the categories of the goods in the same
order as they are arranged in the shop.
Tip: You can use the Back button to hide the
- Tap the Plus button next to the list. A list of categories will show
- Tap the category Bakery. It will now appear in the list.
- Add categories Fruit and Pasta,Sauces and Grain in the same way.
- In the list tap the Fruit category. This will select it.
- Tap the Up button to move the Fruit to the top of the list. This way
you can change the order of categories in the shop.
- Arrange the categories in this order: Bakery - Fruit - Pasta, Sauces
- Tap the check-mark in the action bar to save the shop.
- Back in the list of shops you will see Lidl under the Supermarket.
- Return to the main screen using the Back button on your phone or the
arrow in the action bar.
2. Create shopping list
- In the main screen tap the Edit shopping list button. You will see a
list of shops.
- Tap our new shop - Lidl - in the list. You will see the shopping list
for this shop.
- In the action bar tap the Plus button to add new item. You will see a
window for adding new item.
- Type bread into the name field. In the Amount field enter 1 and in the
price Field enter 2.
- In the Category drop-down list select Bakery.
Tip: The categories which are defined for current shop
will be in bold letters in the list.
- Tap the double check-mark in the action bar to save the new item. You
will see bread 1x in the list.
Tip: If you use the single check-mark, the item will be
added but the window will not close. This way you can add more items
- Tap the Plus button again to add another item.
- Enter Apples into the Name field. The amount 1 and the price 1. Select
Fruit in the category drop-down list.
- Tap the single check-mark. This will add the item and you can add
another one immediately.
- Enter another item - spaghetti. Select the Pasta, Sauces and Grain
Tip: Try writing "a" into the Name field. A list will
appear with suggestions for autocomplete with apples in it. If you select
it, all the data you entered earlier will be filled in - the category,
amount and price. But don't select it now; we already have apples in the
- Use the Back button or the double check-mark to close the window and
return to the list.
- You have now 3 items in the shopping list: bread, apples, spaghetti.
- Open the menu and select Sort... A drop-down list will appear in the
action bar. In this list you can select the sort mode. Try the options.
If you want to see the most recently edited items at the top of the
list, select Date in the list.
- Now our shopping list is ready.
- Use the Back button to return to the main screen.
- In the main screen tap the Go Shopping button. You
will see a list of shops.
- Tap the shop for which we've prepared the shopping list - Lidl.
- Now a screen for shopping will open. The items are sorted in the order
in which they are found in this shop - according to categories. For
example, first is bakery, then fruit and last is the pasta (this is the
order we've set earlier when creating the Lidl shop).
- You can switch the sort mode to alphabetical or by changed date by
using the Sort command in the menu.
- You can also select whether all items should be visible in the shop,
or just the items to be bought or the items already bought..
- When you put an item into your shopping cart, mark it as bought by
tapping it in the list. The check box will be checked.
Tip: In Settings you can select whether an item should
be marked as bought by tapping anywhere on it or in the check-box only.
- If you make a mistake and want to uncheck an item, just tap it one
- Buy all the things on our list this way.
In the info bar above the list you can see the price of the items on your
If you long-touch an item, there will be a window with detailed info about
the item, for example, the date of last change, note etc.
You can change the size of the text in the shopping list in Settings so
that it is comfortable to do your shopping.
When you finish shopping, the items you've bought are checked but they
are still in the list. You can delete them using the Remove
bought action from the menu.
Or you can tap the check-box next to an item to mark is as not-bought and
prepare your shopping list for next shopping this way.
[Back to JShopper]